Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Catherine D Gritchen
Dr. Catherine D Gritchen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Long Beach, CA, with another office in Long Beach, CA. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Gritchen is affiliated with Uc Irvine Medical Center and South Coast Global Medical Center. Dr. Gritchen has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Catherine D Gritchen has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Catherine D Gritchen has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Catherine D Gritchen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Catherine D Gritchen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Gritchen is in Long Beach now (2015), and she is Awesome! We used to see her in the Fountain Valley office. The Long Beach office is very clean and modern. Sometimes there is a little wait, but it is always well worth it! She gives you and your child the time that you need! I like that she is also a mom.
Dr. Gritchen is hands down the best pediatrician out there. She takes the time to speak with both parents and children. She never rushes, has an excellent bedside manner, and is always accessible. Appointments are easy to make, the staff is always courteous, and her office on Bellflower in Long Beach is state of the art and extremely clean. I simply cannot say enough about how positive our family's experience has been with Dr. Gritchen!
My son and daughter both have Dr. Gritchen as the their pediatrician. I've been through so many medical offices. Since I've had my daughter almost 8 years ago, I've been through soooo many pediatrician's offices. My insurance company was bought out a few times and they've transferred me to different doctors. Also, on my own I have gone shopping for pediatricians to find the one that I truly like. OMG, I can not say enough about Dr. Gritchen. It is soooo obvious that she loves kids. At the same time she truly cares to educate us and thoroughly discusses with us any concerns she may have. What I am extremely impress with her is that she spends so much time with each individual patient, yet she is able to manage her time well so that no one have had to wait long. She is an amazing doctor. There was a time where I had to take my son in to see her on a monthly basis because he had a history of extremely high fever (102-106), swelling fontanelle, and seizures. On one occasion, I was at home with my son and he needed to go to the hospital, she went way beyond the call of duty and made all the arrangements to call in and had my son preregistered and admitted through the emergency room before we got there. The emergency room staff took us straight up to our bed. Words could never say the appreciation that we as a family have for her. I never write commentaries but for her I will make an exception. BTW, the staff there are extremely sweet and caring. Anyone who is able to go to her Fountain Valley office should definitely do so.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Gritchen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Catherine D Gritchen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Catherine D Gritchen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.