Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles Holzner
Dr. Charles Holzner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Downey, CA, with another office in Downey, CA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Holzner is affiliated with Lakewood Regional Medical Center, St Jude Medical Center and Beverly Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles Holzner has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I walked in and in five minutes of me sitting down I hear the receptionist YELLING at an old vietnam vet. He was simply asking whe he was gonna be seen and instead of hearing the poor guy she starts telling him he hasn't been here half hour it's only been 9 minutes after his appointment. She told him sit down. He diddin't say anything about half hour, he was Asking very kindly when he was gonna be seen. That was a great first impression for me.
I was a patient of Holzner's for over a year and I kid you not, he never laid a finger on me! How can a doctor not examine their patient? He would come into the exam room and just ask how I was doing and prescribe a medicine or up my dose, but he never even checked my body. He is not a caring doctor. I always felt like just another co-pay. I now have a caring doctor, who surprise- examined me on my first visit to him. He checked my heart rate, etc. There are a ton of doctors in the area, do not get stuck with Holzner.
I've had the pleasure of having Dr. Holzner as my internist for the past eleven years (since 1999). He has guided me through both serious (multiple spinal fusion surgeries) and medical maintenance (hypertension and cholesterol) issues with his unique, warm sense of humor and wonderful laugh.Terrific office staff (especially Debbie, his nurse) and an outstanding overall physician. Highly recommended!
Dr. Holzner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lakewood Regional Medical Center
St Jude Medical Center
Los Alamitos Medical Center
St Joseph Health, St Mary
St Francis Medical Center
PIH Health Hospital-Downey
Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital
White Memorial Medical Center/Adventist Health
Community Hospital of Long Beach
Beverly Hosp, Montebello, Ca
Western Medical Center - Anaheim
Whittier Hospital Medical Center
Brea Comm Hosp
ST Mary Medical Center
Anaheim Memorial Medical Center
33 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1980
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Charles Holzner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles Holzner in this video.
Dr. Charles Holzner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Downey, CA.