Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles M Vollmer Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Fistula
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Gene Therapy
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Abdominal Pain
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Liver Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
Showing 5 of 13
Great surgeon for gallbladder removal! Called for appointment and got right in. Dr saw me early and spoke about the procedure in detail. He answered all questions & scheduled surgery for a few days later. Saw me prior to surgery & spoke to my husband not once but twice! Husband raved about how great doctor is! No issues after surgery and the pain is less than expected. Would use this surgeon again. He is competent and empathetic - a perfect combination!
Caught up in the whirlwind of a cancer diagnosis, the fear of dieting, the ill preparation to leave ones family, followed up by meeting dr Vollmer and his chief resident, dr Dhatta. They informed me at our initial meeting that I needed the Whipple, a graphic description of the expected results, and the anticipated outcome as well as potential complications. Dr Vollmer believed I would fall in the high percentages of a quick uneventful surgery with little complications.. there were several, all of which he took in stride, brought other departments in to consult and advise. Eventually I was released and sent home to recover. The toughest part about the procedure included my first daughters wedding to walk her down the aisle three weeks after release from Penn Pavillion. We made it, a little more tired than I expected, but thrilled he kept his promise. Don't mean to go on, but this was a physical toll on me, and an emotional toll on my entire family. Without the care and advice of Dr Vollmer, his staff and the Penn staff at the pavilion, I don't believe I could have participated fully in a joyous family function. He provided the hope and follow up to allow me to complete additional treatments and return to a new normal life. Hats off to Dr Vollmer and his complete staff.
24 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Charles M Vollmer Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles M Vollmer Jr in this video.
Dr. Charles M Vollmer Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.