Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher R Dutra
Dr. Christopher R Dutra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Berkeley, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Dutra is affiliated with Novato Community Hospital and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher R Dutra has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Christopher R Dutra has the following 3 expertise
Showing 4 of 4
I saw Dr. Dutra in the emergency room at alta bates for an allergic reaction. The next day I received a call from a blocked number and was hesitant to answer, but I'm glad I did! It was Dr. Dutra asking how I was..... I was shocked. The only thing he can do better is become a primary care physician again so I can have him all the time! The nurse and tech were friendly, courteous, and helped me in a timely manner. Not so bummed about the emergency room copay anymore, my visit was worth it.
I have never ever been treated with such a rude Dr in my life. Of course I see that all of your patients consider you GOD but I have not gotten over how unkind you were the unfortunate day I had to be seen my you. You were insulting, offensive, and just plain horrible. Of course I ask myself what did I do. But I'm sure you already made your judgement prior to even speaking to you. You entered with the room with a nasty look on your face and my intuition told me to leave I sure wish I had listened. I'm sure you must be hearts rainbows and sunshine toward your favorite patients and I'm sure I'm the only person whe got to experience your rude personality. I'm sure that karma will bring you nothing but joy and happiness even though you treated me as less than human, Thanks for the wonderful experience.
Dr. Dutra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Alameda County Medical Center
Dr. Christopher R Dutra accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
Locations & DirectionsBerkeley Emergency Medical Group Inc, 2450 Ashby Ave, Berkeley, CA
Dr. Christopher R Dutra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.