Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher A Ewing has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Christopher A Ewing has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Christopher A Ewing has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Christopher A Ewing is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I saw Dr. Ewing at Seton's downtown ER about flank pain that turned out to be a kidney stone.He arranged for me to get a CT scan, which confirmed the stone existed.I did not receive any pain medication or further service from him or Seton.The bill for the CT scan turned out to be $7200, which is roughly 20x market value for the Austin area. The urologist to whom Dr. Ewing referred me, for actual help with the stone, charges only $250 for a CT scan.I think Dr. Ewing should probably inform patients of this extraordinarily high cost in advance, so they can make informed decisions, instead of just recommend the scan and call it a day.However, like most doctors, he didn't think of that.He also forgot to examine me before giving me a formal diagnosis -- i.e., he forgot to do his job.I know this because as I was about to leave, he rushed into the exam room and said (in front of myself and my attorney) "I forgot to do my job."He then conducted a very rapid exam that took no more than two minutes and eventually cost me $887. This cost, too, was not discussed in advance, and had I known, I certainly would not have allowed him to conduct any such exam. It bore no medical relevance to my diagnosis whatever, since that diagnosis was already in my hand at that time.Points for correctly diagnosing the stone, Dr. Ewing, but no points for fiscal sanity or good memory. Maybe next time the exam should come BEFORE the diagnosis, eh?
20 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAroostook Medical Center, 140 Academy St, Presque Isle, ME
Dr. Christopher A Ewing is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Presque Isle, ME.