Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher S Williams has the following 4 specialties
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
- Aerospace Medicine
If you’re a pilot, flight attendant or astronaut, you may benefit from consulting with an aerospace medical physician. They specialize in health risks and conditions associated with traveling into abnormal air and space environments, usually caused by pressure and altitude changes or reduced oxygen levels. This includes hypoxia, ebullism and hypobaria.
Other areas of expertise include jet lag, dehydration and your body’s response to thermal stress, which can influence your decision making ability. More serious conditions might include G-induced loss of consciousness (known as G-LOC), spatial disorientation and space adaptation syndrome, a sickness common when your body is adjusting to weightlessness.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
38 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Christopher S Williams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Kaiser Permanente
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUc Health Neurology And Neurosurgery, 1725 E Boulder St Ste 101, Colorado Springs, CO
Dr. Christopher S Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.