Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cordia Y Wan has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 50
I also found her manner off-putting, unprofessional and bordering on rudeness. I wondered if her medical training was sufficient and if she had knowledge of the human condition beyond rudimentary exposure to simple, basic neurological training. She contradicted advice from trusted neurologists I'd seen in the past.Bottom line- I did not get my money's worth or peace of mind from her.
Thank goodness I saw Dr. Wan- I was having blurry vision for some time, and went to several neurologists and eye doctors, but nobody could figure out what was wrong. Dr. Wan took the time to really listen to my symptoms and did the necessary tests. She was the one to give me a correct diagnosis. I have since been in treatment for my myasthenia gravis and so glad I got referred to her.
13 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Cordia Y Wan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Peak Advantage - UT
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Kaiser Permanente
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Cordia Y Wan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint George, UT.