Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Curtis W Lee
Dr. Curtis W Lee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA, with other offices in La Palma, CA and Torrance, CA . His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lee is affiliated with Little Company Of Mary San Pedro Hospital and Torrance Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Lee has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Curtis W Lee has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Curtis W Lee has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 22
Dr Lee was my PCP for many years. He was the most thorough understanding and compassionate physician a patient could ask for. He truly cares for his patients and their families. He goes the extra mile to provide excellent care. He actually called me well after hours, approximately 11pm to let me know lab results.
Dr. Lee is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. He even calls to see how you are doing and if he prescribes any medicines, he always check to see if they are working and if you are comfotable with them. He takes time to discuss your problems and anything you are concerned about. He shows care, is clearly an expert in his profession. He has a great office staff with polished professionalism and an office that appears to be run very efficiently and smoothly. Thank you, Dr. Lee.
I have been struggling w/ migraines for years and Dr. Lee is the only physcian that I've seen (and Ive seen many) that will take the time to try different treatments, and before the exam really listens and trys to diagnose the cause of the problem. The Dr. and the staff are proffessional, kind, and courteous.
Dr. Lee is, by far, one of the best doctors I have had the pleasure to deal with. My mom-in-law goes to him and he is always so nice and patient. He addresses her concerns and He calls her even after hours to check how she is doing. He is the only one who was able to diagnose my mom-in-law's medical problems correctly. Doctors like him are very valuable and much needed.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Huntington Memorial Hospital
Dr. Curtis W Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Curtis W Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.