Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia A Mahoney
Dr. Cynthia A Mahoney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Castro Valley, CA. She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mahoney is affiliated with San Ramon Regional Medical Center and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia A Mahoney has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Showing 4 of 4
Many years ago my mother had had sepsis which did a number on her kidneys. (My mother had to live on a quarter of her heart due to a massive heart attack years before. And was diabetic). Admitted to the hospital and not doing well at all, Dr. Mahoney stepped into her care and not only saved her life then but took over her care outside of the hospital. My mother, because of the caring and drug changes Dr Mahoney did for her, lived and was happy with us and her great grandchildren. She was able to celebrate her 70 years of marriage with my dad! I would highly recommend Cynthia Mahoney MD L Padilla
If you want to see a very personable, empathetic doctor....DO NOT SEE DR MAHONEY!!!! Of the many nephrologists I have worked with, she is the most unreceptive and stubbornly opinionated on the practice of medicine. She belittles the nurses' and patients' opinions, so don't be surprised if she does not listen to your concerns. Rather than trying to review and manage your existing medications, she likely just add MORE. She belittles the nurses' and patients' opinions, so don't be surprised if she does not listen to your concerns. Even the nurse of the hospital in which I was staying would rather have her own mother be seen by the other doctors of the Chabot Nephrology Group over Dr. Mahoney.
Dr. Mahoney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Cynthia A Mahoney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChabot Nephrology Medical Group, 20055 Lake Chabot Rd Ste 230, Castro Valley, CA
Dr. Cynthia A Mahoney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Castro Valley, CA.