More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cynthia R Prestigiacomo has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Bedside manner of the entire office was disappointing - with the exception of the nurse who took my childrens' vitals. They were rude and condescending, acting as if I were stupid. I really don't like the idea of changing doctors, but I just can't bring myself to stay with this group. Having a welcoming receptionist is key to any doctors office, and I'm afraid this office absolutely doesn't have that. While I'm sure the doctors are very competent, I just don't like dealing with the rudeness.
This doctor is extremely bubbly - at first I thought this meant caring but no. I would not recommend this practice to anyone... If you have questions they get super defensive and actually said if I did not vaccinate my son that this is not the practice for you... I was asking simple questions about breaking up the shot schedule as I had reactions when I was a child and I was worried. They tried to give my son the same hep B vaccination twice as they did not have the record that it had been given to him already as well... Anyway, there is not one ounce of caring that comes through and I found it very, very uncomfortable to ask questions without the doctor getting defensive - not what a new nervous mom wants in a doctor relationship.
- I have taken my son to Verona Pediatrics ever since he was born and never seen her until he was sick and she was on call and her reply was all loving words but I needed a solution for a sick kid. Next day she was very unpolite and rude, she didn't care about my child or the fact that we had to go to the hospital. She gave us 5 minutes and show us the door. She is the worst doctor I have ever encounter
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Cynthia R Prestigiacomo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVerona Pediatrics, 799 Bloomfield Ave Ste 304, Verona, NJ
Dr. Cynthia R Prestigiacomo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Verona, NJ.