Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David B Christian has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Christian and PA Pam Whitely are the best! The staff is friendly and helpful. I can almost always get an appointment at least the next day. Short wait times too! Dr. and Pam both are informative and compassionate. I have finally found a Dr. who cares about me as a person. I recommend Dr. Christian to anyone who asks me if I know a good Dr.
This is the best dr ever. So kind and wonderful bed side manners. Never in a rush, talks with you, explains everything, wonderful staff, no long wait to see him, clean office, I could go on!!! I wouldn't even think about changing drs!!! If your looking for a good dr then look no more! You found it when you found dr Christian!!!
Do nut use this dr. if you value your health or your job. He hates to fill out paperwork and complained about Correctional employees such as myself requiring too much. I had a serious condition which he reacted very flippantly to and dismissed as if I were exagerrating. He actually had the nerve to cut me off mid-sentence when I was asking a question about my blood pressure and state that he had run out of time. Wow. Don't risk your health or waste your time here.
Dr. Christian is amazing. He is kind and understanding. He listens and then explains any condition you have and explains preventative measures as well as medications needed. His staff is excellent as well. So organized and friendly. I have never had a bad experience here.Also, the location of his office is wonderful. Its nice to be right next door to Hina's pharmacy.
Dr. Christian is caring, kind, compassionate and dedicated. His office staff are nice, organized and always available for anything I need. Dr. Christian schedules plenty of time for each patient and is not rushing between appointments, plus his wait times are very short and it's usually possible to get a same day or next day appointment. He has been an amazing asset to me, as I have several chronic conditions. He has always been understanding, open and willing to do anything to help me resolve my problems. He gives samples, discount cards, and tries his best to find generic or affordable solutions to problems. He's just the greatest doctor ever!!!
Dr. Christian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Fort Wayne Medical
Dr. David B Christian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDavid Bruce Christian Md, 500 Old River Rd Ste 145, Bakersfield, CA
Dr. David B Christian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bakersfield, CA.