Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David L Kowalk has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Almost 7 months ago I ended up in Frederick Memorial Hospital with a trimalleolar ankle fracture. I was in tremendous pain and very scared and at the mercy of whatever surgeon was on call that day. Thank heavens it was Dr. Kowalk! He explained the injury to me very well and the surgery that was highly recommended/necessary to fix it. My surgery went smoothly with screws and plates installed and he monitored my recovery as well. As early as 3 months after the surgery I was back to taking walks and shortly thereafter was back to vigorous activity at the gym. My ankle is as close to perfect as I can imagine after such a serious injury. I am forever grateful for the person who fixed it. He did a tremendously good job.
27 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1991
New England Baptist Hospital
Dr. David L Kowalk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Specialists, 52 Thomas Johnson Dr, Frederick, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David L Kowalk in this video.
Dr. David L Kowalk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Frederick, MD.