Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David L Duke III has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 8
This doctor is is very rude to female patients. He is very demeaning and even mean. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. He is NOT a good diagnostician, and will never admit when he does make a mistake. If you are "a problem patient" (direct quote), he will belittle you. The only person he thinks highly of is himself. He doesn't even try to hide his disdain for his patients. RUDE and MEAN! Ask around before you go to him! So many of his patients have left because of his demeanor. I feel sorry for his staff because they have to deal with him daily. He will brag to his patients that he was top of his class. THAT does not make someone a competent, caring doctor. Please believe this 50 something person who has been to several doctors in Nacogdoches over the years: DON'T waste your time with this egotistical, rude doctor when there are others more competent and compassionate who are available.
Dr. Duke is very thorough. Great doc. He isn't a doctor to run you in and out like a heard of cattle. Not many doctors like that around anymore. He is very intelligent man. We highly recommend Dr. Duke. Just remember: He will take all the time in the world for you so be prepared for him to give the same courtesy to his other patients.
36 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. David L Duke III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDavid L Duke Iii Md, 1216 Raguet St, Nacogdoches, TX
Dr. David L Duke III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nacogdoches, TX.