Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David B Mayo
Dr. David B Mayo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Royal Oak, MI, with another office in Royal Oak, MI. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Mayo is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy. Dr. Mayo has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David B Mayo has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. David B Mayo has the following 17 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. David B Mayo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Everyone down from Dr. Mayo to his nurses & other staff have been excellent! Each and every question you have will be answered and you'll be well informed before you decide on treatment. Dr. Mayo spends time with his patients to make sure they are informed & comfortable. The wait time is no problem, I would rather see a doctor that cares for his patients than going somewhere else where you'll be in and out without all the information you need. I had hip replacement done by Dr. Mayo and I am very thankful. My surgical scar is very neat compared to others I've seen. Surgery was a breeze and Dr. Mayo explained exactly what was going to happen before surgery. He was friendly and polite to me and my family and even check in on me in the hospital to answer any questions and to make sure you are healing well.
HAS DONE RIGHT AND LEFT FOR ME. WOULD WANT NO ONE ELSE TO DO THE PROCEDURE. HE IS AWESOME. SOFT SPOKEN AND GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER. 10 STAR REVIEW.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mayo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1987
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. David B Mayo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David B Mayo in this video.
Dr. David B Mayo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Royal Oak, MI.