Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David W Whiting has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
- Diabetic Retinopathy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr David Whiting and his staff were the nicest professionals I have ever met. They are very friendly and caring, and do not lack the confidence,knowledge and experience to make you comfortable. Everything they told me was dead-on. From the pre-op exam, to the Lasik procedure, to my post-op experience, they were very honest and straight-forward about everything, I knew exactly what to expect, so I had no surprises. The only thing that could have been any better would be if Dr Whiting had met with me during my pre-op exam, but seriously I have no complaints!
33 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. David W Whiting accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWhiting Clinic, 7415 Wayzata Blvd Ste 101, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. David W Whiting is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.