Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deborah L Bursey has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Deborah L Bursey has the following 12 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
Dr. Deborah L Bursey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease by Dr. Bursey and told I would probably only live 6 months. She said I was the worst case of Grave's Disease she and 10 other doctors in the office had ever seen. She seemed really excited about it. She wanted to do surgery and cut out my thyroid and said if I did it would increase my chances of living longer. I refused the operation and she said that was the only option and that if I refused she would not see me anymore...so she RUDELY dismissed me as her patient. I found another Endocrinoligist who prescribed me Methimizole immediately and said surgery was a horrible idea for me since I was only 18 years old. That was 12 years ago and I have been in remission for 6 years now. Dr. Bursey is an idiot and almost ruined my life.
Best doctor ever!!!Dr. Bursey has an empathetic manner and can self relate to her patients. You can tell she cares about a patient's positive results and that they receive the best treatment to allow extreme health improvement for the most terrible diseases. However, she also can give "tough love" if you don't follow treatment guidelines. After all, it's often life and death at stake. She is scientific with her approach to treatment with what appears to be a perfect understanding of blood chemistry, hormones, diet, and all that regulates the human body... allowing her to diagnose and treat her patients with incredible accuracy...she's a life saver!And, I feel that those who complain about such a caring and accurate physician are in denial of their disease...I highly recommend Dr. Bursey and would intrust her with those I hold dear.Thank you for your care, Dr. Bursey!
I have been under Dr. Bursey's care for approximately 2 years. She has gotten my Type 2 Diabetes under control and also regulated my thyroid. My hair is growing back in thanks to her! She has thoroughly explained my problems and the treatments. She is direct and to the point and knows her job. I am very happy with her and her nurses. Thank you all.
Dr. Bursey spends ample time with patients, but only to talk about herself (now I know why it took so long to get an appointment). She did not listen to me and my symptoms or treat me like a patient. The history I filled out was very thorough, but she didn't read it. If you're interested in how much she weighed in high school or how she makes her salad dressing, then she is the doctor for you. It is very disappointing and frustrating when money and time is wasted on this kind of doctor - one that earns a lot of money, doesn't listen, but earns her money. Next.....
- University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Deborah L Bursey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Deborah L Bursey in this video.
Dr. Deborah L Bursey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.