Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deborah B Kelly has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Deborah B Kelly has the following 7 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 35
Intelligent, engages easily and asks appropriate questions (drives me nuts when doctors don't read your charts, etc, and you repeat the same basic info again and again), efficient.Love her and her direct staff; billing staff could be more professional and do a better job (too many mistakes, and no desire to create a smoother system to reduce mistakes). Getting an appointment can a little time, so schedule in advance for yearly exams.
Dr. Kelly is condescending, cold and generally off-putting. She does not take any time with you to explain test results, barely will answer questions without an "attitude". I agree with what another reviewer said--she is quick to refer you to a specialist without a moments thought. I've gotten referred almost everytime I've gone to see her-it's ridiculous. If you are in need of someone who actually cares about what's going on with you, who is empathetic and an excellent diagnostician, do not see Dr. Kelly!
I had not seen Dr. Kelly in more years that her staff considered to be an "active" patient. Having severe hip pain and called (and made) an appointment. Received call back that because it had been so long I was no longer considered a patient. I have just joined a Medicare insurance plan. - and was subsequently told that she was taking new patients, but not new Medicare patients. Would not even see me when I offered to pay out of pocket. Bad medicine and a mark of a bad doctor, or at the very least a bad practice. Now I am wondering why I bothered with enrolling in my new insurance plan at all!
Dr. Kelly's office gave me a drug in which I have a known allergy. When I complained (which is my right), Dr. Kelly was offended that I dare question her. Her manner is argumentative is rude, arrogant and condescending. She also works when she feels like it so good luck getting an appointment if you have a time sensitive need. She loves to order unnecessary tests to hike her fees. Her record of misdiagnosis was highly concerning. If you seek treatment from an ethical physician who puts patient care first, this is NOT the practice. I think the ratings posted on her website were falsified.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kelly is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Deborah B Kelly accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPiedmont Physicians Group, 105 Collier Rd NW Ste 5040, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Deborah B Kelly in this video.
Dr. Deborah B Kelly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.