The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Deborah G Nixon has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Deborah G Nixon has the following 12 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Deborah G Nixon has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
I am a current patient and have been seen by Dr. Nixon on several occasions. I have consistently received accurate information and she always takes the time to explain procedures and answer questions. I also see her Esthetician who is very knowledgeable about skin care as well as cosmetic procedures and products. My only issue is the procedure for follow-up contact. In general, I do think the MD should provide the follow-up phone call for test results, particularly if a test result/biopsy is concerning. Although, this was not the case for me, I am not sure if the doctor always calls herself in these circumstances. Overall, I must say I have had very good care with the office and Dr. Nixon.
Dr. Nixon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Dr. Deborah G Nixon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Specialists Of Charlotte, 8936 Blakeney Professional Dr, Charlotte, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Deborah G Nixon, MD - Dermatology in Charlotte, NC, in this video.
Dr. Deborah G Nixon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.