Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Denise Satterfield has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Women's Health
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Lasik Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I waited 5 months for my sons eye appt and finally the day came. When we arrived the staff was far less than warm and welcoming. There was a dispute over my sons insurance because he's double covered. The staff would not see him unless he had a referral from his secondary doctor as well as his primary. They were extremely rude. After waiting so long for my 1 1/2 year old to be seen they wouldn't even give us the time of day. I would not recommend this office to anyone and will be talking to his pediatrician about not recommending people here.
Her assistant was great with our give year old, but she was obviously rushed, seemed very impatient and didn't explain anything first before holding down my kid and forcing drops in her eyes. A little explanation and patience would have gone a long way toward making our kid comfortable instead of afraid of what she might do next. Awful bedside manner.
Dr. Did not appear able to handle our appt. She dilated my 1 1/2 year old daughter's eyes (who cried ofcourse) and so when she went to do the exam she didn't do a thorough job since my daughter was crying. She then sounded half positive in her diagnosis and THEN proceeded to circle totally different issues in their flyer (after she said she didn't see any sign of those issues) and then handed us the flier and walked out. Never to return or say thank you, goodbye, or anything. Will never ever go back or recommend her. Hopefully there is another doctor I can go to and get an appropriate second opinion.
We love it at Dr. Satterfield's. My daughter has severe strabismus complicated by being born very premature. We had been going to the clinics at UCDMC, where she was hospitalized, but the long clinic wait times were unbearable. We live over an hour away and are happy to travel this far to see Dr. Satterfield. Our pediarician recommended her and we've been very happy. We have always experienced a short wait time and pleasant staff.Dr. Satterfield has a great repore with my daughter, she's very thorough, explains things, and we've had two surgeries with her and we couldn't be happier. We would, and have, recommended her to others.
31 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Denise Satterfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDenise Satterfield Md Pediatric Ophthal, 83 Scripps Dr Ste 220, Sacramento, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Denise Satterfield in this video.
Dr. Denise Satterfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.