Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donald C Hoscheit Jr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Donald C Hoscheit Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Colon Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 22
Had to see Dr. Hoscheit 10 years ago for a GI issue and he was good although a bit lax in his concern. Still, he was thorough. Moved back into the area 10 years later and needed to see him for another reason, and it was as if he didn't have time to see me -- and I was his only patient for the entire hour. He gave me the usual song and dance about diet & weight loss (I'm about 10 lbs under the standard weight/BMI charts), laughed condescending when I told him what my previous GI had done, and then proceeded to tell me I need an upper and lower GI checkup (I'm under 50). "Coincidentally", the only time he could fit me in was when he had hours at a surgical facility in which he has a financial interest. Although he didn't hide his financial interest, I felt like I was being steered in that direction. The people in that facility were rude and abusive, to which he answered "well, you'll never have to see them again. Just trust me." And regardless how many times I tried to call the office for results, no one would call me back until over a month later. Guess he's to busy counting his money and planning for retirement to care anymore.
36 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Donald C Hoscheit Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Donald C Hoscheit Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naperville, IL.