Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donald E Shearer has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lasik Surgery
- Vision Issues
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have been seeing Dr. Shearer for my eye exams for years (I am 51 years of age). I trust him explicitly. Despite having other ophthalmologists closer to my home town, I choose to return to the office of Dr. Shearer for his training, his professionalism and his thoroughness, qualities that I value in a medical professional. His staff is competent and delightful. On site is an vision boutique that, in my opinion, is the best in the area for selection and service. A side note: over the years, there has been virtually no turnover in Dr. Shearer's staff. Treated with respect and dignity, they comprise a friendly and professional family. Another fine reflection on Dr. Shearer.
I don't know who these people are listed below, but I simply don't believe their nonsense. I have been going to Dr. Shearer for several years and have yet to experience the behavior they described about him and his staff. They are very efficient about getting you in and out the door which I appreciate. I suspect this is what is causing their misperception; but this is a visit to an eye doctor, not a masseuse, so get over it.
I've been with Dr. Shearer for over 15 years and even after relocating 1-1/2 away, I still drive up to Loma Linda to have my eyes taken care of by him. I admit that he doesn't come off as a warm and fuzzy type, but he honestly does care. He is not arrogant or cold as many have stated - he truly is wonderful. He's very conservative and cautious. I guess you could say a little old fashion. I've always been treated fabulously by his office staff. It's the one office that does not overbook, I don't have to calendar 3 hours to wait in a room to see a doctor. They work with you if there is an emergency (so sometimes you have to wait a little bit, but I'd rather do that sometimes then EVERY time). Dr. Shearer and his office personnel comes highly recommended from me.
1st.encounter was with a rather heavy set young women. Her 1st words: What ins.do i have instead of a smile & pleasant greeting.Dr.S.back off. assist. very good & pleasant. Dr.S. himself rather cold, errogant persona.No people skills. His front office recep.& optical tech. suddle but pleasant. The over all staff seems repressed due to their employer. The doctor sets the moral and it shows. I'm sorry I visited this office at all.
Dr. Shearer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
White Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Donald E Shearer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDonald Eugene Shearer Md, 11346 Mountain View Ave Ste B, Loma Linda, CA
Dr. Donald E Shearer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Loma Linda, CA.