More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas J Moran has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I went to see Dr Moran for surgery for my meniscus. He performed the surgery and i came back for follow-up, my knee still very swollen. Had more pain after 2 more weeks than i had before the surgery. I called to book an appt. I waited 65 min for the doctor to see me. They had forgotten about me and admitted it. On that occasion and then next follow-up visit (for increased knee pain STILL) the doctor wanted to give me a cortisone injection. I refused and asked for an MRI. The MRI showed a new MCL and patellar tendon tear. The doctor asked me what i did. I had done nothing--too much pain to do anything. I sought a second opinion and the new doctor told me that the tears were done by Dr. Moran during my surgery as it is difficult at times to get the knee in the appropriate position for surgery. I emailed Dr Moran, he emailed me back and did not confirm or deny what the other doctor had said. My knee is still in pain. After the email to Dr Moran, he never called to check to see how I was doing or suggested another follow-up appt. I am overall dissatisfied with this. Also, my knee has not been the same since the surgery. PATIENTS BEWARE!!
Had surgery in 2006 on my right shoulder. Shoulder pain was worse after surgery. Had a differant doctor at Boston sports and shoulder center to correct issues what doctor Moran did. After the second surgery my shoulder never felt so better. From my experience I had with Dr. Moran I would stay far away from this doctor...
Dr. Moran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Douglas J Moran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Surgery Center, 264 Pleasant St, Concord, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas J Moran in this video.
Dr. Douglas J Moran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Concord, NH.