Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eduardo P Macias has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
Showing 5 of 51
I went in to see Dr. Macias he told me I needed cataract surgery I was 49 at the time and I believed what he said I should've went and got a second opinion so I proceed to have it done and he never discussed anything with me what kind of lens he was going to put in I could see distance just fine and I did wear reading glass after my surgery I have not seen the same I can't drive at night I have to wear reading glasses still and he tells me after wen I called and went in about 5 times cause I knew something was not right with Mayeye I have Gleri spots in Mayeye it's been a year it has not gotten better if anything it's gotten worse and now I have extreme dry eye so he basically took my distance vision away from me and did nothing for me to help my situation I have seen three other doctors including an neuro ophthalmologist and still can't get my eye back to normal I was told by one doctor I could have waited 20 years to have that done and this doctor obviously was money hungry he ruined my vision for life I do not recommend anyone going to see him my friend is a nurse and works at the surgery center that he works at and he does way too many cataract surgeries in a very short time he does not spend any time with you to explain anything I was told by one of the nurses that I was way too young to be having that surgery but it was too late I was already hooked up and ready to go so in closing I'm very unhappy with the outcome if I could have sued him I would've he ruined my life
Staff was uncaring. I do not feel confident to trust this practice with my eye surgery. 2 months were wasted with this appointment. The office was very dirty. When I arrived for the appointment they were close for lunch all of us waited in the hall with no seating, some patients could barely stand and had to wait until the staff came back from lunch to be able to take a seat in the waiting room. So these patients walked all the way from the parking lot got up to the third floor then were stuck with no option but to wait or go back to there car and walk all that way again. When the staff got back to the office they just seemed unfriendly and uncaring for these people. My experience did not leave me with any confidence.
19 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Alameda County Medical Center
Dr. Eduardo P Macias accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMacias & Oghoorian Mds, 9041 Magnolia Ave Ste 301, Riverside, CA
Dr. Eduardo P Macias is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverside, CA.