Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth C Hawk has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elizabeth C Hawk has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 27
I searched online for a doctor with good reviews who was accepting new Medicare patients (very few around!) and finally found one - Dr Hawk. She is a true professional. She thoroughly went over my entire medical history, took the time to listen to me before giving answers, and spent more than enough time with me. I was very happy with her recommendations for follow-up tests. I highly recommend her. Her staff were very professional and friendly. My wait time was less than 10 minutes.
Dr. Hawk came highly recommended. Her nurse practicioner called me with my diagnosis and when I asked what does that mean, you can imagine how I felt when she said well, that is all the information I have, perhaps you can google it?! I am a young women, 30, and you diagnose me with a disease found in typically men over 50 and cant tell me what it means for me, what can i do to resolve it and feel good telling me to look it up on the internet. Save your money/insurance and go to someone else.
Dr. Hawk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Atlanta Va Medical Center
Dr. Elizabeth C Hawk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPiedmont Physicians Group, 105 Collier Rd NW Ste 5040, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elizabeth C Hawk in this video.
Dr. Elizabeth C Hawk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.