Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Emad Khaleeli has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Emad Khaleeli has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Emad Khaleeli has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
When I was unable to reach Dr. Khaleeli, after repeatedly calling his office to discuss ultrasound results concerning a mass on my thyroid, I contacted my previous GP for advice. I was relieved when I was contacted by Dr. Khaleeli's office, the following morning, and asked to come in 45 minutes later. Unfortunately, the consultation turned out to have NOTHING to do with my medical condition. Dr. Khaleeli proceeded to chastise me, in the most unprofessional manner, because I had emailed my prior GP regarding my condition. In an unbelievable display anger, Dr. Khaleeli came in wagging his finger at me, slammed the chart on the table, and began yelling at me that if I ever contacted Dr. S.,(my prior doctor),regarding my medical care I was never to set foot in his office again. Moreover, he proceeded to let me know, (AND I QUOTE),that he was "very friggin' different" from Dr. S. who had "a filthy-rich wife and could afford to see only five patients a day because he did not have to make a living". (It is important to note that Dr. S. is also the same colleage who transfered all of his patients to Dr. Khaleeli when he recently relocated up North.) He continued to tell me I was now in the "real world" and unlike Dr. S., he was not able to walk across the street to the hospital to have coffee and get my ultrasound results personally. Even when I began to cry and tried to explain that I was only seeking help, (due to my being frustrated and scared over the possibility of having cancer), and that I had also shared with Dr. S. positive feedback regarding my first impression of him, he responded that he appreciated the sentiment but that it still didn't matter. Moreover, he said he "did not care if I filed acomplaint against him with the hospital and made him drop a few points on their rating scale "as the hospital is all about customer service ratings" but that he was not. Never was even my blood pressure (130/90) even discussed, despite the fact his nurse, after taking it, had me sign and date a consult sheet; my insurance carrier will, undoubtedly, be receiving a bill for what can only be described as the 'verbal beating' that I received at the hands of Dr. Khaleeli.
Dr. Khaleeli is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Emad Khaleeli accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEmad Khaleeli Md, 4305 Torrance Blvd Ste 305, Torrance, CA
Dr. Emad Khaleeli is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.