Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric R Tompkins
Dr. Eric R Tompkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Tompkins is affiliated with Providence Alaska Medical Center. Dr. Tompkins has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric R Tompkins has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Eric R Tompkins has the following 8 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Eric R Tompkins has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
He monitored my Hep C for 10 years and then insisted on doing the treatment 2 years regime when the time came. He kept me apprised as to when the new medications came out and we went forward. I am 100% cured now. He would call me at home 6;00p as soon as results of tests came in. He also did my colinoscopy and I find their office extremely professional and efficient. I highly recommend any of the docs at Anch Internal Med Assoc
He found what no other Dr.s could find. After 2 years I was a wreck and he made me feel like it was all going to be alright.I was so scared so I asked him to tell me some jokes to take my mind off the procedure. He put a CD of comedy on to play while he did his thing. I was afraid for no reason. He made it a piece of cake. I'm now referring my son to him. 5 stars from me.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tompkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Dr. Eric R Tompkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Associates, 2841 Debarr Rd Ste 50, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric R Tompkins in this video.
Dr. Eric R Tompkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.