Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eugene Hiben
Dr. Eugene Hiben, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with other offices in Tampa, FL and Temple Terrace, FL . He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Hiben is affiliated with Saint Joseph's Hospital, University Community Hospital and Lakeland Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Eugene Hiben has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
We looked, searched and interviewed before finally finding Dr. Hiben. We have not been disappointed. He is friendly, accurate and gives both parents and the child his undivided attention while in the room. He is amazing in his ability to recall, from memory, our son's medical history, interests and previous discussions. We value his medical expertise and dedication to his patients so much, that we now drive to Tampa (his new location) to see him. It is great to have a doctor we trust and our son can grow up with.
Dr. Hiben is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph's Hospital
University Community Hospital
Lakeland Regional Medical Center
St. Joseph's Children's Hospital
21 Years Experience
University of Pittsburgh
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Eugene Hiben accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eugene Hiben in this video.
Dr. Eugene Hiben is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.