Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fariba Shokoohy
Dr. Fariba Shokoohy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Ana, CA, with other offices in Santa Ana, CA and Huntington Beach, CA (and 2 other locations). She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Shokoohy is affiliated with Placentia-Linda Hospital and Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Fariba Shokoohy has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 8
I saw Dr. Shokoohy at the Talbert Medical Walk-in Clinic in Long Beach. She barely did an exam on my foot (didn't even lift it up or anything) and was reluctant to have me get an x-ray. Her only recommendation was to refer me to Podiatry. When I asked her if I should be doing anything in the meantime to relieve the pain or swelling, she asked if I wanted painkillers. Really? That's your only recommendation? Additionally, I found her to be disheveled, and when she sat down at the computer to make notes in my record, she slipped her shoes off and slouched down in the chair. I was so put off by her exam and demeanor that I was uncertain if she was even a doctor.
Dr. Shokoohy has been my primary care doctor for about 2 years now, and I wouldn't trade her for anything!! To start, the staff is comprised of caring individuals who maintain the highest level of professionalism, combined with the compassion and caring of a healthcare professional. Everyone in the office makes you feel "right at home" and at ease.My wait time is usually 5 or 10 minutes in the lobby, and about 5 minutes in the exam. room. Dr. Shokoohy always makes sure that she's answered all your question thoroughly and in "layman's" terms; very easy to understand.Dr. Shokoohy is the first doctor in years that I am 100% comfortable with and I can talk to about absolutely anything. She looks at you while you're talking, and pays attention; unlike some who choose to write, clean their fingernails, or primp before the next patient. She's very caring, but can be assertive when need be! She is a wonderful human being and a very special doctor and I am very fortunate to have found a doctor so incredible as Dr. Fariba Shokoohy!! Many thanks to her and her staff for treating me so well!
Dr. Shokoohy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center
21 Years Experience
Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1992
Locations & Directions
Dr. Fariba Shokoohy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Ana, CA.