Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fernando A Montelongo
Dr. Fernando A Montelongo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice. Dr. Montelongo is affiliated with Mission Hospital Laguna Beach, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Fernando A Montelongo has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Fernando Montelongo should not be in the business of taking care of patients. He is not only cynical, but he has no compassion for people. He is defensive and extremely unprofessional. His front office staff does not know how to be courteous. They are rude and wont even greet the patient to let them know they've been acknowledged. His office is extremely dated and at times dirty. Overall Dr. Montelongo needs to find a new profession. I feel bad for people who continue putting themselves in his hands.
I see Dr. Montelongo often and have experienced at times of a longer than usual wait time. This normal is because of an emergency that the Doctor has had to attend to. Most visits I uaually wait 15 min. or less. I also try to arrive on time. Another time when I have had to wait it's because I came in late. When I arrive on time I get right in and Dr. Montelongo has time to discuse my medical issues with me. We talk about what I'm doing, if I have followed his advice. Then he advises me as to what I should be doing. I think he keeps a good record of my condition. I always get a good response to my questions. I may not like what he tells me, but doesn't sugar coat it. He tells it like it is...
I have seen several patients leave the waiting room after waiting more then an hour for their appointment. The doctor allows pharmacuedical representatives to walk in without an appointment to see him. This doctor makes you come in every two months to renew perscriptions, whether or not you need to see him. I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy.
Dr. Montelongo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Fernando A Montelongo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlto Care Medical Group Inc, 932 E Chapman Ave, Orange, CA
Dr. Fernando A Montelongo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CA.