Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frances A Mckindsey
Dr. Frances A Mckindsey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA, with another office in Torrance, CA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Mckindsey is affiliated with Torrance Memorial Medical Center and Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance. Dr. Mckindsey has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Frances A Mckindsey has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Frances A Mckindsey has the following 13 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Child Delivery or Birth (Obstetric Delivery)
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
Dr. Frances A Mckindsey has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Frances A Mckindsey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I had an awful experience yesterday. Dr. McKinsey carelessly opened the curtain on the wrong side exposing me to a man and his child standing at the desk. The doctor didn't even apologize. She just chuckled and said "oh he didn't see you". I actually made eye contact with this man and than jumped off the table. NEVER GOING BACK!!!!
Hands down the most emotionally damaging experience I have ever had, and will probably ever have, with a doctor. I trusted her, which I figure is probably what it that much worse. In the past I had good experiences with her, and then, bam, upon a new appointment she was so incredibly condescending, dismissive, hostile and rude it was head-spinning. I was going through an especially difficult time due to a new, life-altering diagnosis (via Cedar Sinai Medical Center geneticist). I was in pain, and desperate to confide in a doctor who I thought would help me since I had a history with her. Little did I know she's only capable of maintaining a normal personna during the beginning stages of her patient-physician relationship (reminds me of those relationships where the men in them seem normal and kind, and then a year in, when the woman's invested, suddenly become total jerks). And here's the real kicker, after I was able to put some of the worst of it behind me, I got online and read other reviews from other patients and found some of them too had similar experiences, specifically during times in their lives when they were emotionally vulnerable and especially in need of patience, compassion, professionalism, and care instead of being told they needed "psychological help" because they were having perfectly normal emotional responses to events in their lives (like, in the example of another reviewer, the birth of their child). Seriously, please, please please, if you respect yourself and want actual care from a not borderline-sociopathic physician, go to someone else.
For obvious reasons, I'm quite picky when it comes to my woman doctor. Type A personality person like myself, not thrilled when put in a vulnerable position. Dr.Mckindsey is competent and pleasant. I have a tricky issue. She was quite proactive about treatment and was really good about making sure I understood her course of action. She seems highly concerned about my overall woman health. I'm sticking with her for a while.
Oh geez, I am so happy to have found this OB, I have had bad experiences before so Im pretty choosey if you know what I mean. I trust Dr. McKindsey. She listens, and really has the patients best interest in mind.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mckindsey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Frances A Mckindsey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frances A Mckindsey in this video.
Dr. Frances A Mckindsey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.