Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frank J Amico Jr
Dr. Frank J Amico Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Plainview, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Amico is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and St Joseph Hospital. Dr. Amico has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Frank J Amico Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Frank J Amico Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Frank J Amico Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Patient for 20+ years
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frank J Amico Jr - Posted on May 4th, 2018
I have been seeing Dr.Amico for well over 20 years. Unfortunately, I will be seeking a new physician. It is impossible to get an appointment. Dealing with the staff is impossible! I called with an emergency and was put on hold for 30 minutes. Finally, leaving a message for Bridget, or Dr.Amico to please call. Phone call never returned.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frank J Amico Jr - Posted on September 19th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frank J Amico Jr - Posted on June 21st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frank J Amico Jr - Posted on October 3rd, 2016
Awful Front Desk
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frank J Amico Jr - Posted on December 15th, 2015
I called Dr. Amico's office in and emergent situation as a new patient. Secretary stated that they were not taking new patients. I was dealing with an extremely painful ear infection and was recommended to this facility by another doctor. As I tried to explain my urgency the secretary stated, "I am glad that we aren't taking new patients." She said this because I was upset and in pain. How awful can a doctors office be. How mean can a medical professional be.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2016, 2012, 2018, 2013)
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Dr. Amico is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1978
Winthrop University Hospital
Dr. Frank J Amico Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSYOSSET INTERNAL MEDICINE, 1097 Old Country Rd Ste 201, Plainview, NY
Dr. Frank J Amico Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Plainview, NY.