Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frank R Crantz
Dr. Frank R Crantz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mc Lean, VA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Crantz is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Crantz has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Frank R Crantz has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I adore Dr. Crantz. After our first meeting I was nervous about returning because he basically called me out on my stuff. Every follow up appointment he has been kind and takes time to answer ALL of my questions. He calls you with lab results, not a nurse, and answers any questions about those results. He cares about his patients. Bottom line, if you're looking for a doctor to stroke your ego and not call you out on your poor health habits, he is not for you. If you want a brilliant doctor who will be a true partner in your care, go to Dr. Crantz. He is exactly what I needed and I'm healthier for staying with him.
Dr. Crantz continues to be a leader and innovator in endocrinology and internal medicine with his commitment to root cause analysis and continuing research/education. My personal thanks to him for his dedicated efforts to dive deep into the numbers and respective causal relationships to properly diagnosis issues and concerns.
I really appreciate the promptness of Dr Crantz and his staff. He's always on time and doesn't leave you waiting in the exam room after the technician has performed the initial workup. He also calls the next day with the results and any change of plan. Overall, I have been very pleased with the care I have received and have referred my patients to their practice.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Crantz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Frank R Crantz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEndocrine Associates Llc, 7921 Jones Branch Dr Ste 320, Mc Lean, VA
Dr. Frank R Crantz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mc Lean, VA.