Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frank A Kozel has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
For a medical doctor he spent the entire visit with me trying to bust my balls with rapid questions that he could have had compassion for my condition, treated me fairly and asked me questions in a more sympathetic way. He made me stop taking a medication "cold turkey" something I've been taking for 17 years. Does this make any sense to you? For a week I've experienced trauma that almost could have resulted in death. Thanks a lot Dr. Kozel, your a real intelligent and compassionate health worker. - Never again will you see me.
My older child was treated by him for 1 1/2 years. Listened to my childs description of symptoms and tried many different medicines which didnt work. Dr had a focus on the weight gain from med side effects more than symptoms of hallucinations and delusions. Hospitalized my child in order to put on clozapine. Dr. Didnt go to hospital to direct his care but let staff drs treat him who put him on old antipsychotic type meds. Staff head dr. told me he wasnt comfortable giving my child clozapine which was why he was even put in the hospital to begin with. Staff head dr. wanted my child to go to 5 councilling programs a day and told my child that he WAS going to ALL of them whether he wanted to or not!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Frank A Kozel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Frank A Kozel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.