Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Garen Derhartunian
Dr. Garen Derhartunian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glendale, CA. His specialties include Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Garen Derhartunian has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Garen Derhartunian has the following 12 expertise
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Weight Loss
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Body Weight Changes
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
Dr. Garen Derhartunian has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Garen Derhartunian is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 4
I had one of the worst experiences of my life during my 5 days in the hospital and he was my supervising doctor. He did the bare minimum and seemed too busy and rushed. He had a poor bedside manner, speaking to me from afar with little sensitivity. He denied the presence of symptoms I was describing, and also implied that I was there as a druggie taking advantage of the hospital's medications. Most importantly, he did not believe in the severity of what I was experiencing. My condition is rare and often misunderstood or unheard of by doctors. Yet it is the worst feeling to have a Doctor deny you further treatment because they don't understand or don't have the attention or time. For the first time ever in the hospital I felt unsafe and uncared for. I also experienced trauma in my third day of hospital stay where I needed additional emergency medication, which needed his approval. The nurses were slow but also seemed to have trouble reaching him. I suffered with 10 out of 10 pain for over an hour. I became hysterical until they could finally administer what I needed. He did not so much as ask about it when he came to 'check in' the next day. He did not understand the severity of my condition, or my severe pain, and seemed to pressure me to leave the hospital as soon as I could eat normally, ignoring my other symptoms. Trust me Dr, I did not want to be there either. I have been severely sick for months and it's Doctors like him who make this long process all the more scarring.
New York Methodist Hospital
Dr. Garen Derhartunian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsElevate Health Group, 1577 E Chevy Chase Dr Ste 260, Glendale, CA
Dr. Garen Derhartunian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.