Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary L Malone has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 51
Dr. Malone will quickly medicate. Often times the medication will drastically change your life and cause you to become medication dependent! My advice is to seek out another doctor....Mental disorders are painful and difficult to diagnosis properly. But be sure that you don't rush into a premature diagnosis!
No kidding about holding patients hostage. If someone admits themselves and is told by other medical caregivers and family they can check out at their will and Dr. Malone keeps going to some unknown judge and gets a forced stay, he has violated civil liberties and has broken down all trust between the patient and his/her family and other caregivers.
He prescribed meds while I was in hospital. I told him I wanted nothing with sexual side effects and he assured me that Cialas would override his meds. He lied. When I told him I wanted meds changed he put me back in hospital under the guise that he needed to monitor med changes. Did not receive any meds and requested to transfer or leave AMA. He refused and said he would get a court order if I did not comply. He made it clear that I was staying at least one night so that they could be paid. He obviously has a financial interest in Millwood.
39 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Timberlawn Psych Hospital
Dr. Gary L Malone accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGary Louis Malone Md, 1450 Hughes Rd Ste 108, Grapevine, TX
Dr. Gary L Malone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grapevine, TX.