Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary W Roper has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gary W Roper has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Gary W Roper has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gary W Roper is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr Roper is a very busy doctor. He is rushed. He is direct and get to the point of what is wrong "today." He keeps your records and does briefly review them. But, make sure you are keeping up with your health situation so as to know your own condition with your own set of records. His staff is busy as well. The overall feel of my visits to Dr Roper have left me with the knowledge that I must state my situation is as few words as possible . Putting it in writing is advisable with a copy for him and one for you, Know what I want from the visit-put that in writing as well. Ask few questions, If you want to discuss the situation further, make another appointment, Always leave his office and building post haste . Additionally, I have had multiple billing issues with his office. Therefore, you must keep documentation of what procedures he actually did and/or monitor the diagnosis codes attributed to your visit. But, Dr Roper is a physician in a rural area with much work to do and I am grateful for having access to a physician. I remind myself it is necessary to do my part to ensure I do not waste anyone's valuable time (his or mine).
Dr Roper is a very good doctor. He is caring and listens to what I have to say. He is very busy, though. It can be difficult to get medical advice quickly. I have had to go to the emergency room because he could not see me for a few weeks. However, this is due to the fact he is a good doctor and we live in a rural area where there are not many services. If he does not know how to treat your condition, he will give you a referral. He has treated me for many years and has not turned me away because I have many complex health issues.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
29 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital
Dr. Gary W Roper accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAndrews Internal Medical Pa, 2751 Business 19, Andrews, NC
Dr. Gary W Roper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Andrews, NC.