Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gautam Datta has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
HORRIBLE office staff! The phone system is a nightmare and it takes upscale of more than half an hour to nearly an hour to get a live person on the phone. The staff does not work well with the insurance company nor the drug store when prescriptions are to be placed. CANNOT get someone to return your messages in a timely manner. When you call in and FINALLY get someone in his office they are RUDE and act as if they HATE their job. Due to the limited physicians that can prescribe a certain medication patients are forced to put up with this kind of behavior and attitude much less disorganization. Extremely poor professionalism. Appears they do not care about the patient but only about the money involved.
Horrible job at providing medications that he said would be provided. No communication what so ever between pharmacy and clinic. A person came in and demanded medication, later it was not called in after they promised that it would be delivered, or at least called in. Because of this experience I have had here I am never coming back, except to try and get my kid his medicine
The staff at the front desk is always rude. They act like they have better things to do than to check you out and help schedule future appointments. Calling the office about appointments and prescriptions is a nightmare. A recording comes on every minute or so to tell you how many callers are ahead of you. It can take at least 45 minutes to get through. This happens everytime I call. I feel Dr. Datta is a good doctor, but his staff needs a "shake up". With today's technology, there is no reason to have people waiting on hold forever, and there is never an excuse for office staff to be rude/dismissive of patients.
Dr. Datta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Dayanand Medical College
Graduated in 2002
Case Western Reserve University Metrohealth
Dr. Gautam Datta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGateway Regional Medical Center, 2100 Madison Ave, Granite City, IL
Dr. Gautam Datta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Granite City, IL.