Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George A Blair Jr has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. George Blair's help has been a lifesaver for myself. I don't care what his critics say, he has always been there for me. I've been with him for years, and I go out of my way to insure that he will be available for me. He has bent over backwards to help me. We have worked hard to find the correct combination of meds for myself. I have risen from the ashes of being in a lock-down mental institution to a sober, productive member of society. I am even getting back into the workforce after being on disability for years! He listens to my input, and we work together as a team. He is willing to take chances with me in terms of medications, and, after years of experimenting, have found the correct combination. I used to self- medicate with illicit drugs and alcohol, and through his help, have gotten sober and stable. I, personally, thought I was hopeless, and I am at a point where I can resume to being a productive member of society. I go out of my way to insure that he will continue to work with me. I owe this man a debt of gratitude.
Was referred by my current psychiatrist as I needed someone 'in network'. Left two messages on voicemail explaining that I was referred by Dr. Blair's colleague. No phone call back! No phone call to say "I am not taking new patients" or "I have retired" or ANYTHING. This is barely acceptable from an auto mechanic but a psychiatrist has an obligation to at least return a voicemail. I will be leaving one final voicemail to let him know what I think!
Dr. Blair is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Ca Hospital Medical Center
Dr. George A Blair Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGeorge Arthur Blair Md, 2001 S Barrington Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. George A Blair Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.