Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George H Adams has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 9
In accordance with working with the Courts, the courts said i needed medication, sent me to Dr. Adams who tried to prescribe meds without a psych eval. I fouhgt and fought against it, Depakote is what it was. Seems to be drug of choice. So they locked me back up for not taking medication, re4leased me, had me take a psych eval and came to be, I DIDNT NEED MEDICATION. ALL PROBLEMS COMING FORM DR ADAMS and D-TOWN Human Services
57 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1961
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. George H Adams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. George H Adams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Downingtown, PA.