Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George La Rocco
Dr. George La Rocco, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Parkton, MD, with another office in Towson, MD. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. La Rocco is affiliated with St Joseph Medical Center. Dr. La Rocco has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George La Rocco has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George La Rocco is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I have known Dr. LaRocco for many years. My wife and I were patients before he took up corporate medicine. I was thrilled when he returned to private practice, and could not wait to become his patient again. He has the best personality for a practicing physician I have ever experienced. When you add that to his nurse Cindy, a real gem of a nurse, you can not go wrong. I just hope he continues in private practice for many years to come.
The absolute best internist my family and I have encountered. Dr. LaRocco is knowledgeable, thorough and truly cares about us as patients. In the new econimc era of factory medicine, it is a joy and distinct pleasure to count my family as his patients. Medical schools of today would be well-advised to instruct their students to emulate LaRocco and the manner in which he conducts his practice!
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. La Rocco is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph Medical Center
41 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. George La Rocco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Parkton, MD.