Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerard J Werries
Dr. Gerard J Werries, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Werries is affiliated with UPMC Passavant and Ohio Valley General Hospital. Dr. Werries has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerard J Werries has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Gerard J Werries has the following 14 expertise
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
Dr. Gerard J Werries has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gerard J Werries is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
did a fine job on the surgery. Treated me for 10+months while I was in pain before telling me he could fix it with surgery! asked if pain was accident related. He assured me he that he thought it was. Then, after the wc review doctor claimed that I was cured he changed his mind on the deposition which he was paid for. He performed the surgery one day AFTER I was informed that he NOW didn't feel it was work related accident.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Werries is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. Gerard J Werries accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTri State Orthopedics And Sports, 5900 Corporate Dr Ste 200, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Gerard J Werries is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.