Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gilbert A Martinez
Dr. Gilbert A Martinez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fair Oaks, CA, with another office in Fair Oaks, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Martinez is affiliated with Mercy San Juan Medical Center. Dr. Martinez has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gilbert A Martinez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gilbert A Martinez has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Gilbert A Martinez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
My Dad & I have been going to Dr Martinez almost since he took over Dr Dressers practice and he and his staff are excellent. Dr Martinez is very personable, in a very low key & approachable way. We never feel rushed, and Dr Martinez gives his full attention to the problem, asking questions that lead to an accurate diagnosis. If there is a treatment he can do in house and he has the time, he will start right then if you want. He also has assistants on staff as well as outside helpers, who can fix you up right then & there, or by appointment. If you need a specialist, Dr Martinez & his staff will get that going before you leave. My Dad doesnt like to take pills if he can fix the problem through diet & exercise & Dr Martinez has been very accomodating with this, and on several occasions he has suggested alternatives to pills for Dad. If Dad suggests an alternate treatment that Dr Martinez knows will not work, he will let us know that too, but never in an arrogant or overbearing way. If we bring up something he is not that familiar with, he will check on it then & there for us, ( something that doesn't happen often because he knows his stuff! ) If you need to be seen right away, they will get you in. Excellent and accomodating front office, assistants, nurses, outside people and doctor. We always walk away feeling well cared for, thank you Dr Martinez & staff!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Martinez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
San Joaquin General Hospital
Dr. Gilbert A Martinez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gilbert A Martinez in this video.
Dr. Gilbert A Martinez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fair Oaks, CA.