Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gilda M Tafreshi
Dr. Gilda M Tafreshi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology. Dr. Tafreshi is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla and Sharp Coronado Hospital. Dr. Tafreshi has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Gilda M Tafreshi has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 14
I have had many Doctors in my medical journey and I can honestly say that Gilda Tafreshi is by far my favorite. If I had things my way, she would definitely be my primary care doctor. Not only is she well educated and thorough in her work but she is very compassionate with the best bedside manner I have ever known a doctor to have. My only regret is trying to find other doctors that can fill her shoes. For those who are wondering why she is no longer my Doctor, its because my HMO does not cover the new clinic she now works at. So if you need a Neurologist, look no further. She is definitely the ONE!
I had a very bad experience with a different neurologist. I was afraid to go to another neurologist after that. However, when I went to Dr. Gilda Tafreshi, she was such a breath of fresh air! I am a nurse, and know a great doctor when I meet one. She was thorough, kind, listened completely, and went over my entire history along with me. She is professional, great bedside manner, and came up with some solutions for us to work on together. She will work with you. I am so happy to have met her and to have her as my neurologist now. She also spent the needed amount of time with me. I appreciated that. Don't hesitate to go to her.
I am so glad I found Dr. Tafreshi. She has helped me so much. I started going to Dr. Tafreshi for horrible vertigo and migrianes. She has treated me with respect and takes time to listen to me at all of my appointments. She understands what I am going through and she works with me, with my input, on how to treat me and move forward. She listens to what my concerns are and makes alterations on my medications based on what those concerns are. She is very attentive and follows up with me. My vertigo has completely gone away and my migraines and getting so much better. I am so thankful for Dr. Tafreshi and her wonderful staff!!!
I saw Dr. Tafreshi for my Vertigo, she was very thorough and very caring....we tried various medications until we found the right one for me. I definitely recommend Dr. Tafreshi to the world, great Doctor .
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Tafreshi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Suny Health Science Center At Brooklyn
Dr. Gilda M Tafreshi accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gilda M Tafreshi in this video.
Dr. Gilda M Tafreshi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.