Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Glen S Smith
Dr. Glen S Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Chapman Global Medical Center, Uc Irvine Medical Center and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Glen S Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Glen S Smith has the following 9 expertise
- Family Planning
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Glen S Smith is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I have been going to Dr. Smith for at least 12 years. He really really knows what he is doing. He is not an alarmist and puts everything is perspective. He doesn't order a zillion tests to find out that you have pulled a muscle in your back. He is very up front with what you should do and is very understanding of how nervous you are about what is wrong with you. He has been extremely accurate in his diagnosis of my problems. The internet has proved to me that researching what might be wrong with me has only made be feel like I am dying when in fact Dr. Smith says I just had a small staff infection!. Love him and his staff.
I came in with cold symptoms and when Dr. Smith asked about any medications I'm taking, I told him that I'm taking Asacol for Ulcerative Colitis that I've had since I was 9 years old. His immediate response was 'I'm surprised you still have your colon since you have Crohn's Disease.' I corrected him by saying yes the Asacol has controlled my Ulcerative Colitis well. He then said 'Yes, Asacol is a good medication. But you've had Ulcerative Colitis since you were 5.' I didn't correct him on the age of onset. I then told him that I wanted to come in because my colds usually last too long or I relapse since my immune system is weak. He then compared the cold Virus to Aids and recommended vitamin C. It was really a bizarre comparison. He was a terrible listener and just very strange in general. I would not go back to him ever.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Glen S Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsSt Joseph Heritage Urgent Care-Orange, 2501 E Chapman Ave, Orange, CA
Dr. Glen S Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CA.