Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Grant Chu
Dr. Grant Chu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA, with another office in Costa Mesa, CA. He has 12 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Chu is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and Saint John's Health Center. Dr. Chu has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Grant Chu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Grant Chu has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Grant Chu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
After a long time searching for a better than average doctor, we finally found even better than we had expected. We are in our 50's/60's and things and not everything is working as it used to, so we really wanted a doctor who did more than just routine tests and checkup. Dr. Chu is by far the most intelligent and thorough doctor we've ever encountered. His analytical skills are truly amazing (and he takes his time) as he reviews all past and present records. He has a keen sense of direction and methodology to diagnose like no other we've seen. He takes a lot of him time going thru every detail and he even calls us at home when he's reviewing our records/notes again. He doesn't leave even the smallest stone unturned. And best of all, he isn't trying to run unnecessary tests or trying to run up the bill - we've already been down that route and back. When we leave his office, we are handed a paper indicating what was discussed, any diagnoses, prescriptions and a game plan. It's not always easy for us to remember everything we discussed and all the things we have to do before the next visit, so this is just the icing on the cake. We are so happy we found Dr. Chu. Very impressive for his amazing knowledge, analytical skills and his methodology.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Chu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Grant Chu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Grant Chu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.