More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Grazyna Piekos-Sobczak
Dr. Grazyna Piekos-Sobczak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatrics. Dr. Piekos-Sobczak is affiliated with Musc Medical Center, Scottsdale Healthcare-Shea and Phx Childrens Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Grazyna Piekos-Sobczak has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Sobczak is a wonderful with children - easily talks to my daughter and is calm and patient. She is open to our needs and concerns and interest in various technologies out there for managing T1 diabetes. She personally has called us to follow up with blood work. We feel confident with her care and treatment plan.
Dr. Sobczak is a very caring doctor and easy to talk to. She explaines everything in as much detail as we request. My child has been under her care for over the past 2yrs and we are very happy with her.I feel that she is a thorough and qualified specialist. Her personal interaction with us is top notch and friendly.
Dr. Piekos-Sobczak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Musc Medical Center
Phx Childrens Hospital
Banner Desert Medical Center
St Joseph's Hospital
St Josephs Hospital and Med Center
27 Years Experience
Pomorska Akademia Medyczna
Graduated in 1990
Medical University Of South Carolina
Dr. Grazyna Piekos-Sobczak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPHOENIX CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, 1919 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Grazyna Piekos-Sobczak in this video.
Dr. Grazyna Piekos-Sobczak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.