Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sleep Apnea Sleep apnea symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
- Tennis Elbow Facts about tennis elbow, including what it is & signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory Thomas
Dr. Gregory Thomas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Toledo, OH, with another office in Toledo, OH. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Management and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with St Vincent Mercy Med Ctr, Toledo, Oh and Toledo Hospital, Toledo, Oh. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory Thomas has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Vincent Mercy Med Ctr, Toledo, Oh
Toledo Hospital, Toledo, Oh
45 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Gregory Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gregory Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.