Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Halbert B Miller has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Halbert B Miller has the following 13 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Halbert B Miller has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Halbert B Miller is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I was a patient of Dr. Miller's for about 3 years. In that time, he moved to Las Vegas, but did not recommend I find a new psychiatrist or offer to help me find one, since the move was theoretically temporary. The final straw came when he sent me a prescription for a time sensitive medication with no date filled in. I was unable to get this prescription filled due to the missing date. In the confusion that followed, I placed multiple calls to both him and my pharmacy, trying to either get a new prescription or get a temporary supply of medication. It took me a day to confirm that he was going to send a new prescription, during which time he *criticized me* for throwing away the old prescription, and completely failed to apologize for filling out the prescription incorrectly in the first place. I received the prescription in the mail a week later. According to the postmark, it was sent four days after I talked to him. This incident was the worst experience I had with him, but not an isolated incident. He was frequently late in sending my prescriptions, and generally very difficult to contact. I hope this review stops someone from making the same mistake I made in choosing him as my psychiatrist.
- Yale University School Of Medicine
Mass Mental Health Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBoulder Valley Pathology Pc, 1100 Balsam Ave, Boulder, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Halbert B Miller in this video.
Dr. Halbert B Miller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boulder, CO.