Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Halline U Overby
Dr. Halline U Overby, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Overby is affiliated with Lakewood Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Halline U Overby has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 8
I began visiting Dr. Overby when I was 17 years old after recently moving to California from Arkansas. From day one, Dr. Overby has been apart of my journey and I am now 32 years old and still alive thanks to Dr. Overby. He saved my life more than once. At birth, I was diagnosed with Beta-Thalassemia Major, having a life expectancy rate ending by age 30. Overby took very good care of me. He is the best doctor I have met in my whole life. He watched me LIVE. I have a beautiful 11 year old daughter now and I was supposed to be dead before any of that. I cried when Overby left St. Francis Hospital to work elsewhere. It was devastating. I wish I could have him back as my Hematologist, seriously.
I think this man is a good doctor. He has been very compassionate when treating me for my ITP illness. He is a bit spaced off when he talks to me but i find that somewhat comforting. There are things he has said to me that have stayed with me 'till this very day. I was going to have my spleen removed and he was very concerned on how fearful I reacted to an invasive surgery. His words "thats all we have left in the end of our sufferings.. just the scars". Those words have helped me through the hardest of times. Although, i rarely visit his office now because my ITP is in remission, i hope he continues providing his patients with his excellent care. He treated me with a treatment called IVIG and put me on high doses of prednisone. Steroids are horrible but seem to help the ill which is okay. I hope ITP patients looking for an hematologist will go to Dr overby
I found Dr. Overby while researcing and it wasn't a very good experience. It was very rushed and impersonal. Before I didn't have someone to tell me about this doctor, but now you do.
Dr. Overby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Halline U Overby accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Halline U Overby in this video.
Dr. Halline U Overby is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.