Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hamid Tabatabai has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hamid Tabatabai has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Hamid Tabatabai has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Tabatabai was timely, courteous and thorough. Setting up my appointment was incredibly easy online and the office staff called me with 2hrs to confirm my appointment. Also filling out all of my new patient forms online was very convenient and saved me time in the office. Dr. Tabatabai was super friendly and spent time with me learning about my medical history. I appreciated how thorough he was. A few minutes after my appointment I received an email saying my health record has been updated. Overall 5 star experience and would give it a 6th if I could.
Quality Poor to fair I went to see Dr. Tabatabai because he works with my insurance and is a walk from my house. I hate to say it, but I think Dr. Tabatabai is the WORST DOCTOR I have ever been to in my 36 years. The receptionist is so incredibly rude, she ignores patients in the waiting room and responds to questions in a snarky manner. Docotor Tabatabai's even worse. He clearly does not enjoy his job in the least, he seems like hes just going through the motions. He does not follow up after tests, and he missed a huge diagnosis which left me in the hospital for an entire month, all because he was not careful at all. Dr. Tabatabai is clearly not fit to be a doctor and his receptionists who continually send incorrect codes to insurance and have no sense of customer service should find other jobs. The entire establishment should be shut down, I would not recommend this office to anyone.
Dr. Tabatabai has a very gentle and caring manners. He is clearly a good listener and is willing to consider the patients views when discussing health related issues. I recommend him highly. This is not a doctor that treats patients like in many other doctor's offices which appear as a factory. This is a doctor that is both personable and very respectful. His diagnoses are excellent and takes care of doing the right thing on other speciality areas requiring intervention. The doctors he works with are also very good.
26 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. Hamid Tabatabai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMetropolitan Internal Medicine Associates, 5616 Shields Dr, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Hamid Tabatabai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.